VHA’s committed Personal Support Workers (PSWs) and Home Support Workers (HSWs) help clients live more comfortably, safely and as independently as possible. Their skilled, compassionate support can also be a great help to family caregivers looking for a much-needed break including help with:
- Personal care*
- Activities of daily living like grooming, dressing and bathing etc.
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light household duties—e.g. cleaning, laundry and washing dishes
- Support services for parents with newborns, multiple births and/or children with special needs
- Escorting clients to appointments
* Work performed only by certified PSWs