Personal Care at VHA Home HealthCare
VHA’s committed Personal Support Workers (PSWs) and Home Support Workers (HSWs) help clients live more comfortably, safely and as independently as possible. Their skilled, compassionate support can also be a great help to family caregivers looking for a much-needed break.
Personal Support services are currently available in the Greater Toronto Area and Durham Region. This may be subject to change. Reach out to your local VHA office if you are interested in receiving support.
- Personal care*
- Activities of daily living like grooming, dressing and bathing etc.
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light household duties—e.g. cleaning, laundry and washing dishes
- Support services for parents with newborns, multiple births and/or children with special needs
- Escorting clients to appointments
* Work performed only by qualified PSWs