VHA Website Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms
By using or visiting VHA Home HealthCare (VHA)’s website, you agree to these terms and conditions (the “Website Terms”). VHA may, in its sole discretion, revise the Website Terms at any time. You are bound by any such revised Website Terms by continuing to use or visit VHA’s website after the revisions are posted online.
These Website Terms apply to all users of the VHA Website, including users who contribute content to the Website, for example, those who may choose to post content on the website and/or comment, including by commenting on VHA’s blogs.
These Website Terms apply exclusively to your use of the VHA website and do not alter the terms or conditions of any other agreements or arrangements you may have with VHA.
2. VHA Website
VHA has the right, in its sole discretion, to add, remove, adjust, modify, discontinue or suspend any content of any section on the VHA website, at any time and for any reason.
VHA also has the right to edit or refuse to post any materials or content that, in the sole discretion of VHA, is objectionable to VHA, or its mission, values and core beliefs and/or in violation of these Website Terms.
VHA reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the VHA website, at any time and without notice, but confirms that it has no duty to do so.
3. Services of the Website
The VHA website provides or will provide the following services:
- general information about VHA’s services and organization
- a blog containing useful resources for users
- newsletters of the organization
- video clips and streams
- audio clips and streams
- news and events of the organization
- downloadable PDF files or newsletters and Content
- forms to receive certain information from users, where applicable.
You agree to only use the VHA website for these stated purposes and to only send content and receive materials that are proper and related to these website services and the Website Terms.
4. Ownership of Website Content
All intellectual property rights, including copyright and trade-mark rights, belong to VHA. This includes all materials on or comprising the website, such as, all written, audio visual or other materials and graphical elements, but excluding User Content (defined below). VHA grants you a limited license to use, download, print, or reproduce in whole or in part, the content on the VHA website, subject to the following conditions:
- they must be used or reproduced accurately, without any modification;
- they must identify VHA as the source;
- they must be used solely for personal and non-commercial purposes; and
- a copyright notice must appear in the following form: “© VHA Home HealthCare. All rights reserved”.
VHA’s prior, written permission is required for any content that is not included in the license above, such as any graphical elements or website code, and/or for the use of content for any purpose not expressly permitted above, such as for any commercial purpose.
VHA logos are trademarks of VHA and may not be used without the express written permission of VHA.
5. Online Store
You may not use the publications we sell on the website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you violate any laws in your jurisdiction, including copyright and other intellectual property laws.
6. User Content
You may be able to post or upload (in designated areas of the website) written content or other content (collectively, “User Content”) to the VHA website, in accordance with the Website Terms.
You are solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By uploading or posting User Content to the website, you automatically grant VHA a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, modify, translate into different languages or formats, and publish such User Content on its website for the purpose of sharing the User Content with users and visitors of the website and to promote the VHA website. You represent and warrant that you own or have the rights to use and license VHA to use the User Content in the manner contemplated by the VHA website and these Website Terms.
Three types of cookies may be used during your visit to the VHA website:
- “session” cookies, which are not permanently stored on your hard drive and are permanently deleted from your computer after two hours of inactivity or when you end your session, are used solely to help you to navigate around the site;
- “persistent” cookies, which remain on your computer for a period of time so that the website can recognize you when you return; and
- “third party” cookies used by our sponsors and advertisers to measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
Examples of how cookies personalize your website experience and save you time are as follows:
- When you watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip through the VHA’s website, a cookie may take note of which type of clip (high or low bandwidth) you prefer to use on your device. Note, however, that you can change your video and audio preferences at any time or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
- Where applicable, cookies can be used to store username and password information so that you don’t have to re-enter all of your information every time you visit the website.
Persistent cookies will remain on your computer after you have left VHA’s website and will expire when you log out of the website, or 60 days after your last visit for security cookies, or two years after your last visit for advertisement and information notice cookies.
Please note that while most web browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you do have the ability to disable cookies if you wish through changing your internet browser settings. It may also be possible to change your browser settings to enable acceptance of specific cookies. For more information on enabling and disabling cookies, please refer to the help section on your web browser. If cookies are disabled it may mean that not all the services of the VHA website might be available to you.
9. Linked Sites
This website includes links to organizations and agencies that are external to and not affiliated with VHA Home HealthCare (VHA). Such links are provided as a resource to VHA clients and families and for informational purposes only. VHA is not responsible for the accuracy, legality or content of these external websites and does not produce, update or maintain them. If you have any questions about information contained on an external website, please direct those questions to the external organization or agency hosting the information.
10. Prohibited Uses and Commitments
- You may not use the VHA website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. In addition to the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, you also agree to comply with all local laws that apply to your use of the VHA website.
- You may not use the website in any manner which could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the website, VHA’s servers or computer network, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website.
- You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct, user consent and communications while using the VHA website and for any consequences of that use. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the VHA website, you will not:
- post or upload any inappropriate, promotional, defamatory, destructive, obscene, or unlawful content;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- post or upload any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any party;
- impersonate another person, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of any content;
- use the VHA website in connection with surveys, contests, junk email, spamming or any duplicative messages (commercial or otherwise);
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the VHA website to collect information about other users or domain names;
- upload files that contain bugs, viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another; or
- submit User Content that falsely expresses or implies that such User Content is sponsored or endorsed by any party where it is not sponsored or endorsed by such party.
- While VHA prohibits above conduct and User Content in connection with the VHA website, you understand and agree that you may nonetheless be exposed to such conduct or User Content and that you use the VHA website at your own risk.
- . You understand and agree that, although VHA does not read, review, vet or otherwise assess User Content in advance of its posting, VHA reserves the right to remove any User Content without notice for breach or for any other reason.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. VHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VHA DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, THE ABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. VHA MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. VHA MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
VHA, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, DISTRESS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, (II) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS (III) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR SIMILAR, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (V) FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE.
Capacity: You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or possess parental or guardian consent to agree to these Website Terms, and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into, to abide by and comply with these Website Terms.
Choice of Law: These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario, Canada. The VHA Website is physically maintained and operated by VHA from the Province of Ontario.
Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and VHA with respect to the use of the VHA website, including visiting the website, and supersede and replace all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Website Terms to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Website Terms will continue in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about the VHA website or the Website Terms, please contact us at:
VHA Communications Department
30 Soudan Avenue, Suite 600
Telephone: 416-489-2500 EXT. 4803
Thank you for visiting www.vha.ca. We hope you find your visit to be worthwhile and useful.