The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, was enacted to ensure that goods and services provided in Ontario are accessible to people with disabilities, and that people with disabilities are treated with respect, dignity and equality. VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has established an accessibility policy and is committed to compliance with AODA and its Standards.
VHA strives to “live” the tenets of Respect for Dignity, Respect for Independence, Integration, and Equality of Opportunity for all persons. VHA is committed to providing quality accessible care for all our clients and staff.
VHA staff, independent contractors, service providers and volunteers:
- Are trained on VHA's Accessibility Policy including how to provide accessible customer service; and how to use equipment to help people with disabilities access goods and services.
- Welcome and serve people with disabilities in ways that accommodate their specialized needs.
- Communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take their disability into account.
- Assist people with disabilities who are having difficulty accessing services.
VHA encourages persons with disabilities to provide feedback to VHA about the accessibility of services received. All feedback will be reviewed by a supervisor or manager and investigated accordingly. VHA will document the process and inform the person who provided the feedback of any actions taken.
VHA accepts accessibility feedback from the public through a variety of methods including:
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 1-888-314-6622 ext. 8782
- By fax: 416-644-1829
- In person: 30 Soudan Avenue, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M4S 1V6
Notification of Service Disruption
VHA has processes in place to provide notice if a planned or unexpected disruption in facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities is to occur and includes the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and any available alternate services.
VHA staff will provide notice of disruption of service through:
- Notice physically posted at the site of the disruption
- Notice on VHA’s website
- Notice on VHA’s voicemail system