VHA Home HealthCare has a long-standing commitment to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the personal health information our clients and service partners provide to us. As an essential part of quality care, VHA commits to collecting, maintaining, disclosing, securing and destroying private client information in accordance with the Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004. As a client, you can expect VHA will:
- Only collect necessary information for planning, delivering and evaluating our services to you;
- Explain the reasons for requesting information from you and ask for your agreement to provide necessary information;
- Respect your right to refuse consent or withdraw consent to collection or disclosure of your personal information (although it may impact our ability to serve you);
- Strive to maintain accurate and up-to-date information to serve you better;
- Use appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal information whether in electronic or paper form;
- Only disclose your information beyond your care team with your consent, unless disclosure is required or authorized by law;
- Respect your right of access to your personal information collected by VHA; and
- Attempt to resolve any complaint you may have about how VHA has handled your personal health information.
For more on VHA’s privacy practices, or to raise an issue regarding the collection, use, disclosure, security or destruction of your personal health information, please contact VHA’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com or 416-482-8782.