Clutter and Hoarding Support at VHA Home HealthCare
At VHA, our focus is to help individuals with hoarding behaviour remain housed and safe. We provide a combination of in-home sorting/organizing sessions and support to help reduce the amount of items in the home using a harm reduction approach. We work with our clients to choose their own goals and incorporate their personal motivations for change.
Clutter and Hoarding Support are currently available in the Greater Toronto Area, Durham Region and London. This may be subject to change. Reach out to your local VHA office if you are interested in receiving support.
- Provide supportive hands-on decluttering sessions
- Teach life skills such as coping strategies, organization and problem solving
- Help clients think about their belongings differently
- Increase home safety and housing stability
- Building client’s support network and making appropriate community referrals
- Link clients to other community services to help strengthen their support network
- Develop a maintenance plan to assist with independent decluttering
Who may be eligible for funding?
Funding may be available for this service depending on the person’s situation, age, location and risk of eviction.
- Durham Region: VHA provides hoarding support services in the Durham Region. Our services are funded by the Region of Durham for eligible clients. Please click here to learn more about these services in Durham.
- City of London: For clients in London, please note that all referrals go directly to the City of London, Coordinated Access. To make a referral for VHA's Clutter and Hoarding Support program in London, please call 519-661-HOME (4663) or send an email to London's Coordinated Access team.
- City of Toronto: For clients in Toronto, we have a Hoarding Support Program offered through our Community Support department. For information on the Hoarding Support Program, please view our Community Support Programs page or call 416-489-2500 ext. 4192.
- York Region: VHA provides hoarding support services in York Region for eligible clients. Please call 416-489-2500 ext. 4192 or toll-free: 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4192 for more information.