Extreme Cleaning at VHA Home HealthCare
VHA Home HealthCare's unique Extreme Cleaning Program helps people regain control of their living space and their life by providing experienced, trained cleaners who work with clients and family members to meet public health standards so they can remain at home for as long as possible.
Our extreme cleaning staff provide follow-up cleaning support after the initial clean out to avoid relapse, based on staffing availability. They also provide referrals and links to other local community resources for long-term needs.
This service is available for individuals with multiple needs to be addressed. There may be funding available to you if you qualify in your geographic region. Please note that this is not a pre-preperation and post-preparation service for pest control treatment.
- Clean out, de-clutter and discard items
- Thoroughly clean all living spaces in unit including: walls, floors and cupboards, appliances and laundry
- Prepare home for pest control (bedbug, roach) treatment if required
- Help with weekly follow-up maintenance when appropriate
Who may be eligible for funding?
Funding may be available for this service —depending on the person’s situation, age, location and risk of eviction.
City of Toronto criteria (East of Yonge):
- People who are vulnerable, low income tenants who have been issued warning letter or notice of eviction due to the unsanitary condition of their home.
- City of Toronto, contact us at 416-489-2500 ext. 4192 or toll free at 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4192.
Region of Durham criteria:
- Vulnerable/isolated people dealing with health conditions and/or mental illness at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
- City of Durham, please contact us at 416-489-2500 ext. 4218 or toll-free: 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4218. You can fill out the Durham Extreme Clean referral form (Download Word document).
City of London criteria:
- VHA provides extreme cleaning services in the City of London. All referrals go directly to the City of London, Coordinated Access. To make a referral for VHA's Extreme Cleaning program in London, please call 519-661-HOME (4663) or send an email London's Coordinated Access team.
VHA Extreme Cleaning in the news
East Toronto Health Partners: “Bundle of Care program helps East Toronto residents with essential support at home amidst COVID-19”
At Home with VHA: Extreme Cleaner, Emilija, talks about life changing moments at her work
Know the Difference Between Having Clutter vs. Compulsive Hoarding
Durham Community Foundation Supports VHA’s Extreme Cleaning Social Support Volunteer Program with Grant
Call our customer service line to learn more about how VHA services can help you or your loved ones.