Helping people live better and more safely.
VHA’s unique Extreme Cleaning Program helps people regain control of their living space and their life by providing:
- Experienced, trained cleaners who work with clients and family members to meet public health standards so they can remain at home for as long as possible.
- Weekly follow-up cleaning support after the initial clean out to avoid relapse, based on staffing availability.
- Referrals and links to other local community resources for long-term needs.
- This service is available for individuals with multiple needs to be addressed
- This is not a pre and post preparation service for pest control treatment.
VHA’s Extreme Cleaning service involves the following steps:
- Clean out, de-clutter and discard items
- Thoroughly clean all living spaces in unit including: walls, floors and cupboards, appliances and laundry
- Prepare home for pest control (bedbug, roach) treatment if required.
- Help with weekly follow-up maintenance when appropriate.
Who may be eligible for funding?
Funding may be available for this service —depending on the person’s situation, age, location and risk of eviction.
City of Toronto criteria (East of Yonge):
Region of Durham criteria:
- Vulnerable/isolated people dealing with health conditions and/or mental illness at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
- City of Durham, please contact us at 416-489-2500 ext. 4218 or toll-free: 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4218
City of London criteria: