Clutter and Hoarding Support Therapy at VHA Home HealthCare
At VHA, our focus is to help individuals with hoarding behaviour remain housed and safe. We provide a combination of in-home sorting/organizing sessions and counselling to help reduce the amount of items in the home using a harm reduction approach. We work with our clients to choose their own goals and incorporate their personal motivations for change.
In Toronto, VHA is a partner organization of the Toronto Hoarding Support Services Network (THSSN) to help residents with problematic hoarding. We provide services to help and support clients in managing clutter while providing the emotional support required to live safely.
For clients in Toronto, we also have a Volunteer Hoarding Support Program through our Community Support department. For information on the Volunteer Hoarding Support Program, please call 416-489-2500 ext. 4192
VHA provides hoarding support services in the Durham region as well. Please click here to learn more about these services in Durham.
- Providing counselling and hands-on decluttering sessions
- Teaching life skills such as coping strategies, organization and problem solving
- Helping clients think about their belongings differently
- Increasing home safety and housing stability
- Building client’s support network and making appropriate community referrals
- Developing a maintenance plan to assist with independent decluttering