VHA receives Best Practice Spotlight Organization Designation for 2015-2017
TORONTO, ON – VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) is pleased to announce that on April 15, 2015 it was awarded Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) designation from the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO). This designation recognizes VHA’s success in implementing and evaluating five Best Practice Guidelines (BPGs) developed by the RNAO over a three year period.
As we celebrate this achievement we recognize that our commitment to ensuring VHA provides the highest level of professional practice and delivering evidence-based care across all disciplines is paramount. We are very proud of the great work that has already been done and are excited to use the BPSO model to help us continue to realize our mission of creating possibilities for more independence.
The BPSO candidacy program seeks to make a positive impact on client care though evidence-based practice. Up to date, VHA has implemented the following BPGs for better client outcomes, continuity and consistency of care, quality improvement and patient safety which undoubtedly benefits the clients we serve:
- Person-and Family-Centred Care
- Assessment and management of pain
- Assessment and Management of Pressure Injuries for the Interprofessional Team, Third Edition
- Preventing Falls and Reducing Injury from Falls, Third Edition
- End-of-life care during the last days and hours
- Delirium, Dementia, and Depression in Older Adults: Assessment and Care, Second Edition
VHA has long been a champion of evidence-based practices and decision making at the point of care. The BPSO partnership has not only helped us build on work already being done, but also supports new initiatives to help further demonstrate VHA’s commitment to excellence in home care.
About VHA Home HealthCare
VHA Home HealthCare—a not-for-profit, charity—has inspired Ontarians to create possibilities for more independence since 1925. VHA’s professional team of over 2,000 caring, compassionate people support clients and their families in eight Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) regions. We’re proudly:
- Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada.
- An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate.
- A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.