At VHA Home HealthCare (VHA), the health and safety of our staff, service providers, clients and families is our most important priority. We encourage everyone to continue to follow proper infection prevention and control procedures to keep everyone protected from COVID-19. We want to make sure all of our clients and families have the information they need including:
- How to wear a mask (if tolerated) while care providers are in the home
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Respiratory hygiene and hand hygiene practices
- How to care for someone in the home with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- How to self-isolate or quarantine when required
In addition, VHA has created a written statement to provide information to clients and families regarding our viewpoint on COVID-19 vaccination. In accordance with recommendations from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Health Canada, VHA strongly encourages vaccination of all eligible staff and service providers and clients and families to maximize safety and reduce harm associated with COVID-19.
We encourage you to visit our website at https://www.vha.ca/covid-19-coronavirus/ to learn more about these safety measures and VHA’s position on COVID-19 vaccination.