This designation recognizes VHA’s success in implementing and evaluating five Best Practice Guidelines (BPGs) developed by the RNAO over a three year period. Since 2015, VHA has implemented two new BPGs each cycle and has continued to achieve BPSO designation status. We are pleased to share that we have once again been designated as a Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) for the 2023-2025 term.
"The BPSO designation remains an important priority for VHA and demonstrates our commitment to continuous quality improvement and safety. Congratulations to our amazing team for their dedication and support. Continuing to be a BPSO designate aligns with VHA’s mission: Creating possibilities for more independence, championing the needs of our clients and families and delivering high quality, integrated care."
VHA is committed to providing the highest level of professional practice and delivering evidence-based care across all disciplines. We are very proud of the great work that has already been done and our continued use of the BPSO model helps us work towards our vision of high quality care delivered with great heart –for every person, ever time, everywhere.
The BPSO candidacy program seeks to make a positive impact on client care though evidence-based practice. To date, VHA has implemented the following BPGs for better client outcomes, continuity and consistency of care, quality improvement and patient safety which undoubtedly benefits the clients we serve:
- Person-and Family-Centred Care
- Assessment and Management of Pain, Third Edition
- Assessment and Management of Pressure Injuries for the Interprofessional Team, Third Edition
- Preventing Falls and Reducing Injury from Falls, Fourth Edition
- End-of-Life Care During the Last Days and Hours
- Delirium, Dementia, and Depression in Older Adults: Assessment and Care, Second Edition
- Strategies to Support Self-Management in Chronic Conditions: Collaboration with Clients
- Assessment and Care of Adults at Risk of Suicidal Ideation and Behaviour and Preventing Violence
- Preventing Violence, Harassment and Bullying Against Healthcare Workers
VHA has long been a champion of evidence-based practices and decision-making at the point of care. The BPSO partnership has not only helped us build on work already being done, but also supports new initiatives to help further demonstrate VHA’s commitment to excellence in home care.