Thank you for your interest in VHA Research. We are excited to partner with individuals and organizations that share our passion for home and community care. In conducting our strategic and operational review of potential collaborations, VHA Research will use the following decision framework:
- Does the research align with VHA’s strategic priorities and research areas
- Who is requesting the information and for what purpose (academic vs commercial)?
- How resource intensive will it be to provide the information requested?
- Are there any risks incurred by VHA as a result of participating in this research?
- How will this research benefit VHA clinical practice or providers?
VHA requires that all research projects on which we partner to be approved by a Tri-Council recognized Research Ethics Board (REB).
How to apply
Apply to be an academic research partner today. Prior to participating in research, VHA Research will require:
- A copy of the TRI council REB approval letter
- VHA Administrative Details Form (Download PDF)
- Research abstract (250 words or less)
- Research questions and objectives
- Research methods
- Subject recruitment plan
- Informed consent documents
- Information letter to potential participants
Please email a PDF (single is preferred) of the above documents to Dr. Emily King.
Once a decision has been made you will receive email confirmation. Please note that additional approvals from other organizations such as Home and Community Care Support Services, school boards, workplace safety information board, may also be necessary for the proposal to be accepted.
Interested partners are encouraged to connect with Dr. Emily King, Manager of Research Operations to discuss their research and its potential fit with VHA Home HealthCare.