VHA Research wants to partner with point-of-care providers and staff to develop inclusive and authentic homecare research projects. These individuals have first-hand experience in the healthcare system and understand the needs of our clients with their intimate knowledge of client and family-oriented care. Point-of-care providers and staff can bring a new perspective to homecare research and VHA Research is committed to expanding their involvement in our research activities.
How can I be involved?
Your experience as a point-of-care provider brings a valuable perspective to home care research. Your voice can shape our research to be more accessible and relevant to the needs of the VHA community. Provider partners can be involved in many ways with VHA research, depending on what suits their interests and schedule. This can include:
- Define and give advise on the study focus, objectives and priorities
- Guide and support study design and protocol
- Help collect and analyze data and information
- Help us share the findings with our community by suggesting who should know about them and how to show them
- Tell us your ideas or how you would like to contribute
How will VHA make the process simple and easy?
VHA wants to encourage our point-of-care providers and staff to be involved with our research team by making the process simple and easy for you. A few ways we are doing that is by providing:
- Respect of client care schedule
- Reimbursement for travel costs
- Consistent support
- Flexible schedules
- Frequent communication
- Use of plain language
- Access to tech support
- Compensation for time and expertise