VHA Home HealthCare Receives “Exemplary” Accreditation Status
TORONTO, ON, December 21, 2016 – VHA Home HealthCare has been accredited with “Exemplary Standing” by Accreditation Canada. The achievement marks the third consecutive time that VHA has met 99.99 percent of the accreditation body’s national standards for quality and safety. The news comes after Accreditation Canada surveyors spent three days conducting an extensive review of VHA’s policies and processes and meeting with the organization’s staff, service providers, community partners, and clients and their family members.
“Accreditation is an important component of VHA’s ongoing commitment to providing safe, high-quality health services. We strive to exceed expectations in every aspect of our work, so it is especially gratifying to have independent reviewers recognize this with Exemplary Standing once again,” says Carol Annett, VHA’s President and CEO.
Accreditation Canada praised the organization for its activities in a number of areas, including:
- Outstanding engagement of clients and families;
- Robust orientation and staff educational programs;
- Strong commitment to quality and safety;
- Being a leader in Ethical Practice in Home and Community Care; and
- Eagerness to participate in research that fosters innovation and creativity in quality care.
“We are absolutely delighted with this recognition and also appreciate the useful feedback from the surveyors, which will helps us continue to improve our care and services for clients and their families,” says Annett. The next accreditation process for the organization will take place in 2020. The survey experience and results received in 2016 will help VHA drive improvement activities and strategic directions in the interim.
About VHA Home HealthCare
VHA Home HealthCare—a not-for-profit charity—has helped create possibilities for more independence since 1925. With more than 2,300 caring, compassionate professionals supporting clients and families in Ontario, we’re proudly:
- Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada.
- An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate.
- A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Sr. Communications &PR Manager
VHA Home HealthCare 416-489-2500 ext. 4344 | firstname.lastname@example.org