Helping people live better and safely. VHA’s unique Extreme Cleaning Program helps people regain control of their living space and life by providing:
- Experienced, trained cleaners who work with clients and family members to meet public health standards so they can remain at home for as long as possible.
- Weekly follow-up cleaning support after the initial clean out to avoid relapse, based on staffing availability.
- Referrals and links to other local community resources for long-term needs.
- There must be multiple needs to address, not just poor housekeeping
- Not a Pre and Post preparation service for pest control treatment.
- Step 1: Clean out, de-clutter and discard items
- Step 2: Thoroughly clean all living spaces in unit including: walls, floors and cupboards, appliances and laundry
- Step 3: Prepare home for pest control (bedbug, roach) treatment if required.
- Step 4: Help with weekly follow-up maintenance when appropriate.
Funding may be available for this service —depending on the person’s situation, age, location and risk of eviction.
Who may be eligible for funding?
City of Toronto criteria (East of Yonge):
- People who are vulnerable, low income tenants who have been issued warning letter or notice of eviction due to the unsanitary condition of their home.
Central LHIN region (North York and York Region) criteria:
- Vulnerable, isolated seniors (or adults over 55 dealing with age-related health conditions and/or mental illness) at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
Region of Durham criteria:
- Vulnerable/isolated people dealing with health conditions and/or mental illness at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
City of London/ Region of Durham/ City of Ottawa criteria:
City of Ottawa criteria:
For Durham, London and Ottawa Extreme Cleaning Service, please contact: