Helping people live better and safely. VHA’s unique Extreme Cleaning Program helps people regain control of their living space and life by providing:
- Experienced, trained cleaners who work with clients and family members to meet public health standards so they can remain at home for as long as possible.
- Weekly follow-up cleaning support after the initial clean out to avoid relapse.
- Referrals and links to other local community resources for long-term needs.
- Step 1: Clean out, de-clutter and discard items
- Step 2: Prepare home for pest and bedbug treatment (if needed)
- Step 3: Thoroughly clean unit, including: walls, floors and cupboards, appliances and laundry
- Step 4: Sort, organize and help arrange items to be donated
- Step 5: Help with weekly follow-up maintenance
- People who are vulnerable, low income tenants under threat of eviction due to the unsanitary condition of their home.
Central LHIN region (York and North York) criteria:
- Vulnerable, isolated seniors (or adults over 55 dealing with age-related health conditions and/or mental illness) at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
For more information on our Extreme Cleaning program or hoarding, contact us at 416-489-2500 ext. 4192 or toll free at 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4192.
People who earn under $40,000 with no assets living in the London/Middlesex area who are at risk of eviction (e.g., have received a warning letter from a landlord, professional referral or Public Health Unit) living in extreme filth, clutter or a home that’s infested and poses a threat to personal or public safety.
Oshawa (Durham) criteria:
Vulnerable/isolated people dealing with health conditions and/or mental illness at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
For more information on our Extreme Cleaning program or hoarding, please contact:
Toronto/York/Oshawa: 416-489-2500 ext. 4367 or toll-free: 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4367
London: 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4349