Helping people live better and safely. VHA’s unique Extreme Cleaning Program helps people regain control of their living space and life by providing:
- Experienced, trained cleaners who work with clients and family members to meet public health standards so they can remain at home for as long as possible.
- Weekly follow-up cleaning support after the initial clean out to avoid relapse, based on staffing availability.
- Referrals and links to other local community resources for long-term needs.
- There must be multiple needs to address, not just poor housekeeping
- Not a Pre and Post preparation service for pest control treatment.
- Step 1: Clean out, de-clutter and discard items
- Step 2: Thoroughly clean all living spaces in unit including: walls, floors and cupboards, appliances and laundry
- Step 3: Prepare home for pest control (bedbug, roach) treatment if required.
- Step 4: Help with weekly follow-up maintenance when appropriate.
- People who are vulnerable, low income tenants who have been issued warning letter or notice of eviction due to the unsanitary condition of their home.
Central LHIN region (North York and York Region) criteria:
- Vulnerable, isolated seniors (or adults over 55 dealing with age-related health conditions and/or mental illness) at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
People who earn under $40,000 with no assets living in the London/Middlesex area who are at risk of eviction (e.g., have received a warning letter from a landlord, professional referral or Public Health Unit) living in extreme filth, clutter or a home that’s infested and poses a threat to personal or public safety.
Oshawa (Durham) criteria:
Vulnerable/isolated people dealing with health conditions and/or mental illness at risk of eviction, hospitalization or institutionalization because of the unsanitary condition of their home.
For more information on our Extreme Cleaning program or hoarding, please contact:
London: 1-888-314-6622 ext. 4192