Needs Assessment: Signs Extra Support is Needed Admitting you can no longer do everything on your own is never easy, nor is asking for help. If you suspect you or a loved one needs extra assistance, speak with a family doctor, nurse or contact your local Community Care Access Centre.
The survey below can help you decide on the kind of support needed. Are you or a loved one:
- Suffering from memory loss or confusion, which could create safety issues?
- Having trouble maintaining the upkeep of the home, including cleaning?
- Lacking caregiver support and often alone?
- Suffering from a new or worsening illness or injury that’s making daily tasks (cleaning, personal care, making meals, etc.) difficult?
- Facing a life-threatening illness and hoping to live out life’s remaining days at home?
- (As a caregiver to a loved one) Feeling exhausted and like you have no time to yourself?