You can help us continue to provide care during this critical time to vulnerable clients and families in their homes, where most want and need to be, now more than ever.
To help us fight COVID-19, we need protective equipment to keep our front-line care providers and our clients and families safe.
Across Ontario, there is an impending shortage of protective equipment for health care providers.
We are asking community members to donate unused, unopened and unexpired masks, gowns, gloves, and eye protection to those who need it most.
We are gratefully accepting:
- N95 respirators in unopened boxes (NIOSH or CE certification)
- Surgical masks (ear-loop masks, Level 2 or greater)
- Protective gloves (all sizes, nitrate or vinyl)
- Isolation gowns (AAMI certified preferred)
- Face shields (Full length shield)
- Protective eye glasses or goggles
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept previously used masks, gowns, gloves, face shields, goggles or eye glasses.
VHA is also requesting donations of cloth masks to be used by health care workers in low-risk situations when care is not being provided.
The instructions below have been provided by the Centre for Disease Control:
It would be appreciated if donations could be clearly marked “VHA COVID-19 Donation.” Thank you for your generosity and support.