New patient relief program for families caring for a child with autism
April 20, 2015
Are you caring for a child (2-6 years) with autism?
This program gives parents the chance to:
- Take a much needed break
- Recharge and reconnect
- Attend a parent support group
- Spend time with their other children
- Get support with therapeutic and/or recreational activities
Trained VHA PSWs will support children by:
- Practicing their communication skills
- Using methods of stimulation and socialization
- Helping with personal care and other daily living activities
All families receive an in-home assessment and customized caregiver service plan designed for their family and child’s needs.
For more information call : 416 489 2500 ext. 4349