Elder Care – Health and Support Services
Creating More Independence.
For over 86 years, this is what people in the communities we serve have come to expect from VHA Home HealthCare (VHA).
As a University Health Network employee, you can now rely on our quality health care services as well at specially discounted rates. As of October 1, 2008, UHN staff members have special access to VHA’s comprehensive Elder Care Program—including nursing, personal and home support services—to help elderly parents and loved ones get the extra support they need to continue their independent lives in the comfort of their own homes.
Put your trust in us.
Founded in 1925 as the Visiting Homemakers Association, VHA Home HealthCare has a long history of providing compassionate health care to people of all ages. But our reputation is built on much more than this. We are also:
- Diverse and offer multi-lingual services through our nurses and personal and home support workers who speak over 38 different languages
- Accredited by Accreditation Canada, meaning VHA’s operations and services are externally reviewed and meet or exceed the strictest national standards for quality
- Client-centred—we believe the foundation of quality care is based on the strong relationships our nurses and personal and home support workers build with our clients
- A not-for-profit organization—ensuring any surplus VHA funds are reinvested to support and improve our wide range of programs and services
- A United Way Toronto founding member
- Always here to help—whether it’s to provide the most appropriate elder care services, including caregiver relief, or accessing additional support and funding that may be available, we’ll go the distance to assist you and ensure your loved one’s needs are met
Get the elder care support you need now!
Our discounted rates for UHN staff*:
- Registered Nurse - $49.95 per hour
- Registered Practical Nurse - $40.50 per hour
- Personal Support Worker - $22.05 per hour
*based on a minimum of two consecutive hours
If you are unsure, our experienced and friendly staff will assist in advising you about the level of service your loved one needs. Call our office at 416-482-4603, Monday to Friday between 9:00-4:00 and Lenore Cabral, our designated University Health Network service representative will help you set up responsive, customized elder care services for your loved one. And if we don’t offer services in your area, we’ll be sure to connect you with someone who does.
Learn more about VHA Home HealthCare’s full spectrum of services—including our comprehensive Elder Care Program—by exploring VHA’s main website.