University Health Network
Welcome University Health Network Staff
Elder Care – Health and Support Services
It’s what clients and their families want when they choose care at home or in the community, and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA)—a charitable not-for-profit— services have supported for 90 years.
As a University Health Network employee, you can now rely on our quality health care services as well at specially discounted rates. UHN staff members now have special access to VHA’s comprehensive Elder Care Program—including nursing, personal and home support services—to help elderly parents and loved ones get the extra help they need to continue their independent lives in the comfort of their own home.
Put your trust in us.
Founded in 1925 as the Visiting Homemakers Association, VHA Home HealthCare has a long history of providing compassionate health care to people of all ages. But our reputation is built on much more than this. We are also:
- Diverse and offer multi-lingual services through our nurses and personal and home support workers who speak over 38 different languages.
- Accredited by Accreditation Canada, meaning VHA’s operational procedures and services are externally reviewed and meet or exceed the strictest national standards for quality.
- Client-driven—because what matters most to clients is what counts.
- A charitable not-for-profit organization—committed to fiscal responsibility, ethical practices in all operations and driving positive change in community support and home health care.
- A United Way Toronto founding member.
- Always here to help—whether it’s to provide the most appropriate elder care services, including caregiver relief, or accessing additional support and funding that may be available, we’ll go the distance to assist you and ensure your loved one’s needs are met.
Get the elder care support you need now.
Call our office at 416-489-2500 x. 4649, and our designated University Health Network service representative will help you set up responsive, customized elder care services for your loved one. And if we don’t offer services in your area, we’ll be sure to connect you with someone who does.
Learn more about VHA Home HealthCare’s full spectrum of services—including our comprehensive Elder Care Program—by exploring VHA’s main website.