Needs Assessment: Signs Extra Support is Needed Admitting you can no longer do everything on your own is never easy, nor is asking for help. If you suspect you or a loved one needs extra assistance, speak with a family doctor, nurse or contact your local Community Care Access Centre.
The survey below can help you decide on the kind of support needed. Are you or a loved one:
- Suffering from memory loss or confusion, which could create safety issues?
- Having trouble maintaining the upkeep of the home, including cleaning?
- Lacking caregiver support and often alone?
- Suffering from a new or worsening illness or injury that’s making daily tasks (cleaning, personal care, making meals, etc.) difficult?
- Facing a life-threatening illness and hoping to live out life’s remaining days at home?
- (As a caregiver to a loved one) Feeling exhausted and like you have no time to yourself?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, contact us for more information on how VHA can help.